Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The topic for this month Sharing.

The topic for this month Sharing.

Sharing is something we learn to do as small children. We are taught to share with our friends, brothers, sisters and cousins. We are taught that it is nice to share our things. Yet as we grow older, life becomes less and less about sharing things and more about sharing our time. The holiday season provides multiple opportunities for us to share our time among family, friends and holiday gatherings. This can become tiring, exhausting and sometimes frustrating.
Joy and Danay
Over the Thanksgiving holiday, I was blessed with the opportunity to be a part of my sister's wedding. (That is a picture of she and I on her wedding day.) We included time with my husband's family in our 10-day trip to the east coast too. I've found the key to peace while traveling (and in life) is balance, being present in the moment and consciously sharing from my heart.

In regards to balance, I find if I can carve a little quiet time for me whether it is yoga, meditation, playing a game on the phone or reading I am able to keep my energy balanced and more easily able to share of myself when I am with friends, family or social gatherings.


When I am out and about sharing my time with others I have found the moments that bring me the most joy is when I am able to connect heart to heart with another person. Sharing a story, a laugh or a hug. This, to me, is what sharing is about. When we genuinely share from our hearts we establish deep connections with others. I was told by a healer just this week that when we have those heartfelt moments with family and friends it raises our immune system and PH levels. So sharing has an added bonus for our health.


To your health and happiness this holiday season!
Peace and love,
Danay

No comments:

Post a Comment