Monday, January 24, 2011

4 Tips for where kids can practice Intention

Intention means to direct your mind in a positive way toward something you would like to accomplish.
 
When we practice intention we are thinking of a positive outcome and telling ourselves how we'd like something to turn out. You can do this at the beginning of your day, before a test, giving a report,  doing homework, or before a game or performance.
 
Here are a few examples of how you can practice intention:
For your day:
♥ Think of a positive thought you'd like to keep in mind throughout your day.  One example might be, "My intention is to have a fun and happy day".
In School:
♥ Think of a positive outcome you'd like before a test or giving a report.  An example would be, "My intention is to be calm, breathe, and do my best".
Family:
♥ Intentions of being kind, loving, helpful, caring could be used with brothers, sister, parents, cousins and grandparents. A great one for your siblings would be, "My intention is to be kind and loving to my brother/sister".
Your Health:
♥ Good thoughts about our body and our health actually help to keep our body healthy.  A healthy intention could be, "My intention is to eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water, and practice my favorite exercise".

No comments:

Post a Comment