Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The topic for this month is Intention.

The definition I like most for intention is "to have in mind a purpose or plan, to direct the mind, to aim".  I learned about creating and setting intentions from my practice of yoga and through my Master's program in Spiritual Psychology. It is common in many yoga classes that the teacher will ask you to set an intention for your practice, a positive thought to "direct the mind" and use it while you're in the poses. In my Master's program I gained greater facility with intentions and began creating ones for my day, phone calls, meetings, and trips. I find most of my intentions have to do with a way of being. For example, the intentions I set for my day, a meeting, or a class range from being present, powerful, enthusiastic, gentle, loving, kind, fun or grateful.

Setting intentions is an easy way to focus the mind on a positive approach and outcome to anything you want to create in life.  Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Peace and love,
Danay

No comments:

Post a Comment